The PADI Tec Trimix Diver course takes you to the outer edges of technical deep diving, opening the door to pristine dive sites few divers – if any – ever see.
Get College Credit
You may be able to earn college credit for the Tec Trimix Diver Course.
What You Learn
The PADI Tec Trimix Diver course is intended to extend the depth range of technical divers already trained and qualified to use air, enriched air and oxygen for technical decompression dives beyond 50 metres/165 feet. Diving with trimix is the outer edge of tec diving – the maximum depth for using this technology has yet to be defined.
This course is for Tec 50 or Tec Trimix 65 (or those holding a qualifying certification from another training organization). The course extends your depth range capabilities by training you to use trimix (a blend of helium, oxygen and nitrogen).
• Plan and execute between three to eight dives (depending upon whether you enter the course as a Tec 50 diver or Tec Trimix 65 diver) using EANX and trimix blends
• Use decompression software to create custom dive tables and dive plans
• Make training dives as deep as 90 metres/300feet
The Scuba Gear You’ll Use
- Double cylinders (minimum 12 litre/70 cubic feet each, with larger preferred) with isolator manifold
- Primary and secondary regulators, one with two metre/seven foot hose (approximately) for gas sharing, and one with SPG
- Stage/decompression cylinders with regulator, SPG, mounting hardware and proper labeling/markings. Two per diver will be required
- Backup decompression cylinders as appropriate and required for the environment
- BCD and harness – redundant buoyancy control is required (double bladder BCD or dry suit if suitable for weight of equipment worn)
- Depth gauge/computer and backup depth gauge/computer
- Timing device and backup timing device
- Trimix decompression information (tables/trimix computer) and backup decompression information
- Exposure suit appropriate for environment and dive duration. (If you use a dry suit, you should be trained/experienced with its use in recreational and technical diving prior to using it for trimix training or diving.)
- Argon dry suit inflation or other inflation system as needed
- Weight system (if needed)
- Jon line (if needed for current diving environments)
- Inflatable signal tube
- Lift bag (bright yellow or per local community practice preferred)
- Dive knife / cutting device and backup slate, backup mask (optional)
- Compass, lights (optional)
- Drift kit (if drift decompressing)
Tec Trimix Diver Crew- Pak
The Tec Trimix Diver Crew-Pak includes all required materials, including: manual, deep stop calculation table, trimix decal and emergency procedures slate.
Topics covered include:
* Trimix diving depth ranges
* Exposure planning
* Selecting a mix
* Argon inflation systems
* Handling three or four decompression cylinders
* Decompression models
* Emergency procedures
* Face masks and multi-gas computers.
To purchase this product, contact your local PADI Instructor, dive shop or resort.
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization and having proof of CPR and first aid training with the previous two years)
- Be certified as a Tec 50 or Tec Trimix 65 (or those holding a qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have logged at least 150 dives
- Have a medical form signed by your physician